I am and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hometown Hidden Gems: The Cool Bean and Reimers Candies

 Happy Wednesday everyone! I'm so excited to share my hometown hidden gems! RelayRides has created a places board with some bloggers hidden gems, and I joined in too! When I thought about what I wanted to pick I knew it just had to be The Cool Bean and Reimers candies in Oakhurst California.
  "The Bean" is an amazing coffee shop owned by a lovely couple and dare I say that it's better than Starbucks. You guys, its all fair trade organic coffee and their menu makes organic taste oh-so-much better! I will confess I do give them a visit three or four times a week and I so don't regret it. Their menu is to die for and the owners are the sweetest people on earth. Every time I have a friend in from out of town this is the first place I take them and they end up loving it just as much as I. I always recommend The Bean to travelers and to locals to! Plus, they also have food (score!) that's homemade and so delicious.
 On to Reimers Candies! It's the cutest candy and ice cream store ever. Everything they make is homemade and so good. Yes that even means their ice cream. Ever since I came back from Italy there has not been one ice cream shop that had mastered the true gelato, but I'm so very happy to say Reimers has it! Their gelato take mes right back to that tiny shop in Rome. With an extra plus the girls that work there are so sweet and they'll make sure to load you up on samples. Mary and Ivvone: you two are angles. I make daily visits to them and I don't even care how many dirty calories I'm eating because it's just that gosh dang good. All locals and visitors must go there because it will become a gem to you like it has for me.
 A huge shout out to RelayRides for asking me to do this project and being so patient with my wish washy self! They are also a great site to go check out and hey if you need a sick wip for a couple days they got you.
 RelayRides is the nation's largest peer to peer car rental marketplace, with vehicles in over 1,900 cities all across the country. They connect people who need a car with owners whose vehicle would otherwise go unused, backing each reservation with a $1M insurance policy. You guys how cool is this?! I'm definitely using them for my impromptu travels. They are the sweetest people and their website is so easy to use. It's a must see. 
 I would love to hear your hometown hidden gems as well gimme some love!



Sorry for the grainy pictures it's a whole other story in its self. 


Until Next Time,
Madison
XOXO