I am and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Being a EMT Ride a Long

 Over February break I decided to schedule my ride a long with American Ambulance. The minimum hours you can spend with your crew is 12 hours. First, let me back up a bit and explain why I chose to do it.
 Upon my decision to enter the medical world and with my interest in trauma, I wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into. Picking your college major will do that to you. I wanted to experience first responder care and the patients that come with it beyond my well experienced hospital setting. I also wanted to make sure that I could handle the amount of blood and the possibility of death, because lets admit it's not everyone's cup of tea.
 I chose a Saturday night shift in Fresno, and I met my crew (who were SO nice) and had my own little seat in the back of the ambulance. We had a total of six patients all of which did not bleed excessively or were on the brink of death but I learned so much in such little time! All of the organization and hard work goes into it was a great experience. Each patient was different ranging from emergency to age. We even were involved with a underground drug lab bust in the middle of the night! So. Cool.
 Tagging along was so much fun and the time just flew by! If anyone is minutely interested in the medical field I highly recommend riding with American Ambulance because you will so not be sorry. I'm defiantly planning on riding again!


I caught this gem at soccer practice. It makes me laugh every time I look at it!



Until Next Time,
Madison
XOXO