I am and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

A Mother's Day Tribute: Grams

  This year for Mother's Day we celebrated my mom with a pedicure, a new FitBit and lots of flowers! We made sure she felt super duper special! Since my Grams lives down in Fresno now at a very nice assisted living center, we brought her up here for the weekend to celebrate with us. Even though my Grams is, well, my Grams she still deserves a nice little tribute for Mother's Day even if it's a week late!

 Grams name, besides the obvious, is Mary Lou Lyons and may I tell you she is one tough cookie! Her family (large I might add) migrated all the way from Oklahoma and lived in various states. She met my Papa when she was just twelve years old (there's a picture to prove it) but they parted ways, only to meet again later in life and elope! I say she's a tough cookie for many reasons you might think of a cross-country journey, living with my dear Papa for almost 70 years (!!!) and raising my mother!
 There is not a mean or unjust bone in her body, and the most giving women on the face of this good earth. I have SO MANY happy memories with her it's insane so I decided to list some:

1. Teaching me to crochet
2. Taking me to her local thrift store she volunteered at and let me go crazy
3. Taught me how to cook through lots of cookie dough eating
4. Read me the same books over and over
5. Let me give her lots of "make overs"
6. Bragged about me to anyone who would listen
7. Tea parties
8. Our little walks in the afternoon
9. Swinging in the bench Papa made
10. Drinking coffee and pestering Papa
11. Jeopardy
12. Wheel of Fortune
13. Teaching me how to play (and cheat) at cards
14. The one time she scared me when she took out her dentures
15. Spanking me only once in my life and apologizing right after

She was, and is, such a mother figure in my life and I love her very much. She should be given a reward for raising THREE boys and my mom! Thanks Grams for all you do, you're amazing.







Until Next Time,
Madison
XOXO